Zinc has a low melting point, very high structural strength and the potential to resist corrosion. Components can be extremely thin-walled, detailed and produced with precise dimensions, and stand out for their outstanding surface quality and coating capabilities. In addition, manufacturing on hot chamber die casting machines is very environmentally friendly, and zinc die cast parts are 100 percent recyclable.
Zinc die cast products can save material, energy and process costs.
- Zinc die cast parts can be cast ready to install, cold formed and require little reworking
- Low melting temperatures and short melting times and flow paths reduce energy requirements
- Very good strength allows the production of thin-walled, very strong yet lightweight components
- Detailed contours can be produced with less tolerances
- Zinc components have outstanding surface qualities and an excellent feel
- No environmental impact from gases and vapors, either during melting or processing
- 100% recyclable
- Thanks to their excellent electrical conductivity, zinc die cast parts have specialized shielding properties
- Good thermal conductivity
- Very well suited for cold forming, such as riveting, crimping, and reeling